CSP (Craven Schools Partnership) is an inter-denominational Christian organisation, offering resources and support to those who work in schools across the area. It is largely funded by voluntary donations and gifts from churches, individuals and businesses who value the input and support offered to local schools. Currently there are more than 5,000 pupils throughout the Craven Area who benefit from CSP’s input to their religious and social education.
- Promoting Christian values that make a difference to the way people live their lives, both during school and in the wider community.
- Working alongside those who help and support children and young people.
- Supporting others, clergy, volunteers and youth workers who serve their local school each week.
- Delivering school-based, seasonally appropriate collective worship
- Leading school-based RE & Spirituality days
- Manning lunchtime and after-school clubs & drop-in zones
- Providing in-service training for teachers/educators
- Providing Christian resources for classroom use
- Organising & leading residential camps for young people.
CSP’s Project Director is Peter Thomas who lives in Grassington and is well known throughout Skipton and the surrounding area. A large number of schools across the North West have already benefited from his input over the years. Peter is also the creator of an outstanding series of reflections (available online and used across the UK) called ‘Happenings’. In this connection he has led many resource evenings to assist teachers and leaders in their application and use.
Peter is excited by recent changes in his ministry that have allowed him time to develop an even stronger working relationship with local schools and with those passionate about the delivery of relevant, inclusive religious education.
For more information about CSP why not read our Newsletter? Also worth a look is an article in “The Congregationalist” Issue 107 Winter 2017, available here. Whilst you’re at it, why not read about us in the 2016 edition of Aspire magazine – click to view!